The CAS General Access Computer Labs provide easy-access computer "kiosks" where busy UNT students, faculty, and staff can quickly check email and perform other computer-related tasks. In addition to our regular lab operations, CASGAL maintains these kiosks to:
- provide short-term users a place to quickly check email, check social media sites, etc., freeing up computers in the labs for customers who need to use a coputer for longer periods of time
- provide computer accessibility after hours and between semesters, when the computer labs are closed
- allow CASGAL to provide access to computers for students in buildings where no General Access Computer Lab exists
CASGAL currently has kiosks in three buildings on campus:
- Environmental Education, Science & Technology Building (ENV), 1st floor atrium
- General Academic Building (GAB), 2nd and 3rd floor atrium
- Wooten Hall (WH), 1st floor atrium
The kiosks are design to augment the CASGAL labs. They are not intended to duplicate the functionality of the labs, but instead serve the most basic computer needs for our UNT customers who are "on the go."
- Internet access (for connecting to UNT SkyDrive, checking email, etc.)
- Web browsers
- MS Office
- USB port for removable media
Some Restrictions Apply:
- Valid UNT EUID and password are required to login
- Auto-logoff after 60 seconds of inactivity, to help safeguard customers who forget to log out
- Printing is not available from kiosks; please use our General Access Computer Labs for printing needs
To suggest the addition of more kiosk units, or simply to request more information about our kiosks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report technical problems with a kiosk, please contact the CAS General Access Computer Labs during regular business hours, or between semesters contact Clete Spehr.