Request an Outlook Resource
A common request from CAS Faculty and Staff is to have a separate mailbox or calendar for managing some sort of non-user entity. The primary benefit of a Outlook Resource is having its own mailbox, calendar, etc. and giving the flexibility to have multiple users read and send messages on behalf of the resource. A resource also helps in areas of high-turnover by keeping all messages in the resource mailbox and not scattered among various individual's mailboxes. Here are a few examples of Outlook Resources in CAS:
- The Physics depratment uses a resource to manage correspondence on all purchase order requests submitted via a web form
- The Mayborn Graduate Institute of Journalism manages thier conference correspondence with a resource
- KNTU and NTTV have resources shared among their part-time student employees for them to corresponde on behalf of the stations
- The Dean's office uses a resource for scheduling the GAB 210M conference room
If you need an email address that distributes to a group of people, you probably want to Request an Electronic Mail List.
Once you've determined a Outlook Resource is really what you need, read through the following notes and submit the form information below. The CAS Postmaster will contact you once your Outlook Resource is created and provide instructions for managing your resource.
- Electronic mail travels over the internet unencrypted; you should never include sensative information in email
- All users needing to access a resource must have a Outlook account; the resource is accessed via the Outlook Proxy feature. Student Outlook accounts may be requested by their full-time supervisor.